Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pharaohs new team roster

Go down

Pharaohs new team roster Empty Pharaohs new team roster

Post by fahmy Sat Aug 07, 2010 9:38 pm

Pharaohs team roster (before DR Congo friendly, check Calender):

Goalkeeping:

Essam El Hadary, Abdelwahed El Sayed (Zamalek) - Mohamed Sobhy (Ismaily)

Defense:

Wael Gomaa, Sherif Abdel Fadil, Sayed Moawad (Ahly) - Mahmoud Fathallah, Mohamed Abdel Shafy (Zamalek) - Al Moatasem Salem (Ismaily) -
Mohamed Naguib (Ittihad Al Shorta) - Ahmed El Muhammady (Sunderland, England)

Midfield:

Ahmed Hassan, Hossam Ghaly, Ahmed Fathi, Mohamed Abutreika (Ahly) - Amr El Solaya, Ahmed Khairy (Ismaily) - Shikabala (Zamalek) -
Ahmed Eid Abdelmalek (Haras El Hodoud)

Attack:

Amr Zaki (Zamalek) - Geddo (Ahly) -Ahmed Ali (Ismaily) - Ahmed Hassan Mekki (Haras El Hodoud)

* Zidan, Hosni Abd Rabbo: injured
* Meteb: not included because of his current contractual problems (according to Filgoal)
* Barakat: not included for who knows why
* Hommos: ditto

I would personally question the absence of Barakat, Hommos, Meteb in that particular order. Barakat is the best player in Ahly now and has been for a long time - rumour has it the player asked Shehata not to be included in the National Team after the Algeria qualifier for the WC. I find this hard to believe, but who knows - the relationship between these two has always been a rocky one. Hommos' absence is a big question mark since the Confederations cup. Any rumours here would be highly appreciated. As for Meteb, I find he reached a very good form with Ahly just before he left for Belgium - one questions Shehata's excuse for not including him because this situation is very similar to the case with Hadary when he had similar contractual problems and yet was included by Shehata.

fahmy
fahmy

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum